Well, we're off this weekend and it's gonna' be a blast. I have, however, learned some valuable lessons in preparing for this pre-Japan touring adventure: hauling fully loaded panniers and a tent on BART (sans touring bike) during the am commute isn't very fun and, now, my arms feel like Jell-o from the effort. Much better to haul those things around ON a bike. And, 2 years' worth of old New Yorkers do come in handy: use them to test out how much stuff you can fit into your new panniers! Just don't lug 25lbs. of them up a 4 mile hill for your test ride!
Back with a full report and photos (hopefully) after the weekend's adventure.
Friday, May 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm bummed I can not make the shakedown ride. Your in good hands with Hardasnails Hannon! Looking forward to hearing all about it. Dylan
Post a Comment