

and the packing is almost done.
Today was a busy, busy day for both of us, but now, almost all of the hard work that has gone into preparing for this trip is done. The bikes are safely in their boxes along with most of what we'll be taking with us. All that's left to do is run a few more errands tomorrow, make a few phone calls, and put a few bills in the mailbox. Whew!
A HUGE thank you goes out to Dave and Lisa Devlin for getting my slow butt into gear this weekend by helping me get my bike fine-tuned and in a bike box. Not only did Dave spend the better part of today fine-tuning my bike, but he also taught me how to change a spoke, true a wheel, and pack up my bike in an almost-too-small bike box. And, as if that wasn't enough, Lisa was kind enough to take my slow ass out on a nice little spin where she showed me exactly how out of shape I can get when I don't ride for a month. She kicked my butt! Thanks Lisa. Thanks Dave.
I'm posting a few photos for you too. In one of them you'll notice a nice digital camera on the table (no, not the yellow plastic disposable camera wise guy), but I don't know how to use the thing yet. So, pictures from my crummy camera will have to suffice for the time being.
Diana and I will be leaving bright and early Monday morning, but you can expect at least one more post before we take off. Then, we'll be live from Japan.
1 comment:
Looks like you're well prepared! Have Fun and take lots of pictures with the new camera!
Post a Comment