Thursday, June 14, 2007

A rainy send off






It,s pouring down rain, but it hasn,t made us any less happy to be starting the bike tour. We,ve been up since 3.30 am, since that,s when it gets light up here, and are about to load up our bikes for the first time with what certainly seems like way too much stuff. I,ve had to sacrifice one (very cute) dress so far, but Jen refuses to leave her Japanese text book behind. Oh well, at least when she,s cursing it while we climb Hokkaido mountain passes, it will be in Japanese.

By the way, so far in a city of 1.5 million people, we have only see 2 caucasians (men) outside of our hotel (and only 3 others there). Of course they were riding bicycles. I,m pretty sure we,re going to be getting a lot of smiles of disbelief from the locals, who seem impressed and bewildered by our attempt.

3 comments:

Mr. G said...

BIKE POWER! Try not to get soaked.

jana said...

Hurrayy girls, you are doing it!! SO glad you can keep us posted about your trip - good luck!
PS: I would never left behind a cute dress - if I woudl have to choose, it would be the text book left behind :-)

Anonymous said...

Aller les filles!! So good to hear that all is well. Were there used underwears in the vending machines? I agree with Jana would rather keep the dress than the text book... it does weigh less after all. Still working on some tips for your Tokyo stay... Bisous